Saturday, December 10, 2011

Court date January 9!

This week we got the most exciting news so far! January 9, we go to court in Ethiopia! I'll write a 'proper' post later, but the basics are as follows:

Dec. 26: (most likely-haven't purchased the tickets yet) The Dorazio's board a plane for Ethiopia!

Dec. 27 or 28: We meet S & Y for the first time. Our whole family is going, so it will be a homecoming we've been praying about.

Dec 28-Jan. 8: Spend as much time as we can visiting the care center where our kids live right now. We'll take short breaks away to show Jack & Luke a bit of Addis Ababa, but mostly, spend time with our family.

Jan. 9: Go to court! An Ethiopian judge will hear our case, and we are praying for a quick approval.

Jan. 10 or 11: This will hardest part of this trip, and something I'm really just trying not to think about . . . we will say good-bye to S & Y, and come home to AZ. We will have to wait until we pass the embassy portion of the process to come back and bring them home.

So, if you call me, email me, text me, facebook me, or anything resembling communicate with me until Dec. 26th, you'll most likely be talking with a crazy woman. :) There is a lot to do in planning a trip across the world with our whole family. I'm happily overwhelmed, and so grateful to be one giant step closer.

Good night friends! Good morning Ethiopian babies. Mommy is really coming!!!

1 comment:

elise said...

Yippy!!!