Friday, December 16, 2011















I love U2. Really, if I want to just 'be happy,' I'd go to a U2 concert. Here's a couple of our pics from out last concert. I have discovered the fine art of getting really great seats, and there's really no other way to watch Bono, The Edge, Larry, and Adam. If I could figure out anything to do with blogging, I would figure out how to have a cool loop of music going on, and U2 would be our anthem. Does someone want to enlighten me? I have the attention span of a gnat these days, so it better be easy.

We leave for Ethiopia in 12 days, and I have our life divided into 3 lists. 1.) To Do Before Christmas 2.) To do Before Ethiopia 3.) To Do After Ethiopia. If it's not absolutely essential, it won't get done until #3. So, that's where a completely random blog post comes into play. It doesn't fit any of my lists, but I've been working all morning around the house, and here's a little break for me, and a post to introduce you more to our family.

Here's my Vera and baby Davy poking his head out from Lindsay's sling. Lindsay is my sister, and the reason we chose Ethiopia in the first place. My new kids will be joining our first Ethiopian princess Vera, and I can't think of a cooler thing, than for these new cousins to have their Ethiopian heritage to share. I know we will all be planning trips back to visit our children's native country in the future. Shannon, Lindsay, Vera and Davy live in Saudi Arabia, and this Auntie is not happy about missing them! :)



I had both my boy's via c-section, and always joked that there was no way I'd 'go natural,' when I had my own babies. I didn't, but when Lindsay asked me to be her birth coach during her birth of Davy at a birthing center, it changed everything I ever thought about having babies. Lindsay was in labor for 30+ hours with Davy, and I got to be there for the whole thing.

First off, my sister did something absolutely amazing. Her labor was not simple, was not short, and she entered some mystical world in her head that helped her bring this little man into the world. My words completely fail me at explaining what I witnessed in that birthing center. Little Davy came out blinking his eyes, and I'm the first one who ever got a look into them. It's simply impossible to watch that and not believe in our Creator God. I love that little man!







Cousins!











We love the Arizona Cardinals! (I told you this was random!) I pretty much didn't like anything to do with football, until Jack was about 3yrs old and decided he loved football with Daddy. I don't know how, but all of a sudden, I loved the Cardinals. I loved Larry Fitzgerald, Kurt Warner, Beanie Wells, screaming at the top of my lungs at the tv, and going to games and eating gross food and cheap margaritas. It was a whole new world to me. I guess that's what to expect from falling in love with your kids!


Last February, all my loves, from U2, to my Vera & Davy, and even the Cardinals became part of the lives of 2 little ones in Ethiopia. S & Y don't know anything about us, outside of a few pictures we've sent them. I wonder if I can influence Y to choose a natural child birth when she has children of her own, after watching my sister labor so heroically? I'd love that for my girl. I wonder if they'll love it the first time I play 'Beautiful Day' for them on the DVD and dance around like a silly Mama? I imagine Jack sitting down during a Cardinal's game and explaining the rules to S & Y, then throwing touchdown passes during the commercials. I will take a picture when that happens!

All of our worlds will collide on Dec. 29, when we walk into
the care center for the first time and meet S & Y. I can't wait to find out what they like. I can't wait to write a post about all the things they enjoy doing. Just like I didn't know much about Jack and Luke when they were first born, I'm sure it's going to take time to know my new children.

Here's a picture of Jack & Luke holding our first piece of paper we signed to start the process of bringing S & Y home. Now that we are so close to going and meeting them, I am overwhelmed at the significance of 'family.' There is nothing that could replace my extended family with Lindsay, Shannon, Vera, and Davy, and watching the miracle of Davy's birth, and Vera's adoption. Nothing can replce the feeling of enjoying something just plain fun like a U2 concert with my husband. And of course, there's nothing like sitting next to your sons at a football game, while they explain why the ref made a particular call. It just all wraps up together to make a family. There's room for more in ours, and I can only imagine that all the things I love about mine now, are just going to be more.

Sweet dreams S & Y!


4 comments:

Lindsay Lyon said...

Totally crying! I wish I could be the one to take the pictures of the first meeting. Make sure you have that all sorted before hand! I can't wait to see the cousins all together. Vera is going to LOVE having a girl cousin!

elise said...

Crying!!! You and Lindsay are making it really hard for me. Reading about your experiences is making my heart want this, too! You all amaze me.

Lana Dorazio said...

You are the mama of 4 now, so what's one more? :) Really, there are so many that need homes, and you are a great mom! Love you!

Aunt Robin said...

Have loved following this adventure on FB, but this is "more good." I like newsy details. Proud of you, sobrina mía, and of Vince. Praying for you all as you head out in a day and a half for an incredibly exciting and emotional time. Praying for you new little ones and all that is ahead for them (and you). Abrazos, Tia