Sunday, April 01, 2012

This silly picture was taken at about this time last year. We started dreaming and praying for Semere & Yordanos with that initial adoption application. In some ways it seems like yesterday, and in others, it seems WAY too long ago.

We passed a major milestone last Wednesday when our adoption file was submitted to the US Embassy in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The kids became little Dorazio's back in January, but now they need visas to travel into the US with us. Now, we wait a little more . . . but with much more hope and an END in sight.

We have not heard any definite information yet from the Embassy. We have done everything we can proactively to see that we are passed through as soon as possible. If you read my last post, there is an option that would be a miracle, and that we are praying for until we hear otherwise.

Option #1 is that the embassy looks at our children's case files, and clears them for visas immediately. We would get an email or call saying that we could travel to get our children. Like I said in a prior post, it hardly ever happens. But until I hear that it's not going to happen to us, Option #1 is what I am praying for with every breath I take in and out.

Do you want to know one of my more light hearted reasons for this prayer? We live in Phoenix. Right about now, it's starting to heat up. I really would love Semere & Yordanos to have at least a few weeks of pleasant weather to play outside and enjoy wide open spaces, instead of the small, cramped care center. I guess it's not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things, but my new children have probably never jumped on a trampoline, played soccer on beautiful grass, thrown a tennis ball over and over to a 100lb bear of a dog, or sat outside snuggled on their mommy and daddy's lap and watched the fire in the firepit while sipping a cup of hot chocolate.

Yes, we will take them up north (Arizona mountains) this summer to escape the heat, and probably even the beach in California, but our first few weeks at home are going to have to be quiet, at home, with just the 6 of us getting to know each other. I will take Semere & Yordanos on the hottest day on record if that's as long as it takes, but my dream, and my prayer is Option #1.

I'll keep you posted! Trust me, when I know the date of when we will finally get to get on that airplane and bring them home, everyone will know! I'll be walking a few feet off the ground and you'll most likely see fireworks light up the sky.


No comments: